Stand out from the competition, add your website to the introduction section of your LinkedIn profile.
One of the best new features to come out of LinkedIn so far in 2022 is the ability to now add your website URL to the top of your profile. This feature makes it easier for visitors to access more information about you and your services.
Here is a quick video demonstrating how to add your URL
Note: You currently can’t manage this feature on mobile devices. Please use the Desktop experience to make changes.
Make it easy for people to contact you
When a visitor lands on your profile you have about 3-7 seconds to generate interest to keep them on the page. The top introduction section is where you want to drawn people in to learn more with a compelling headline, impactful header image, complete contact info, current profile picture and as a bonus a profile video.
Add website URL to you ABOUT section
You can also add a hyperlink to your website as a call to action at the bottom of your ABOUT or EXPERIENCE section. Currently you can only add this on the mobile app and it is only seen on iPhone. Android is coming so check yours from time to time.
Here is a post illustrating how to add the URL: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6899365022871416832
Record a Profile Video
You can now add a video to your profile in addition to your profile photo. Adding a short introductory video further adds to the credibility of your profile and enhances your personal brand. On the profile, your profile video will be displayed as a muted three second preview to members, before reverting to your profile photo. Members will have to tap on it to view the full video. Members with a profile video will have a blue circle around their profile photo.
Important: You can only record or upload a profile video from the LinkedIn mobile app.
To add a profile video:
- Tap your profile photo, then tap View Profile.
- Tap the Add icon on your profile photo > then tap Add profile video.
- You’d have to enable the camera and microphone access to record a profile video.
- From here you can:
- Record: Tap the record button to record a profile video
- Upload: Tap the Gallery icon to upload an existing video from your gallery
- Add Prompts: Tap Prompts to choose a prompt to answer in your video
- Important to know: The video needs to be a minimum of at least three seconds long and a maximum of 30 seconds long. You can stop recording any time after three seconds this by tapping the record button.
- After recording, you can:
- Watch a preview of your profile video
- Select the visibility of your profile video by tapping the Visibility icon on the bottom left
- Here’s a tip: From here, you can select either All LinkedIn Members or Connections only. If you do not make a selection, the setting will default to All LinkedIn members.
Want to see how the profile video looks? Check out the video on my profile by clicking on my profile picture. https://www.linkedin.com/in/joannefunch/
Complete the contact section
Believe it or not, I have seen many LinkedIn profiles without the contact section completed. Don’t assume everyone wants to send you a connection request and wait for you to reply to them.
When someone is interested in talking to you, give them the fastest and simplest ways to do that with a phone number and email address.
I have personally been called by a prospect who became a client because I provided a phone number and actually answered my phone!!
The easier you make it for your profile visitors to contact you and learn more about you, the more likely you will get a chance to start to build a relationship.
What do you think? Will the addition of your website link and your cover photo video set you apart from your competitors – leave a comment below. Would love to know what you think about these features.