LinkedIn has released another new feature to add to your profile which gives you the opportunity to add an audio clip with the pronunciation of your name.
LinkedIn created this feature so you can record 10-second audio of how to pronounce your name and display it on your LinkedIn profile for others to listen to. They say this will help LinkedIn members to correctly address you when they speak to you.
Think Out of the Box
In addition to pronouncing your name, what else could you say in 10 seconds that would further brand yourself?
If you go to my profile and click the audio icons next to my name I introduce myself and highlight how I add value to others.
Set-Up Your Audio Recording
According to LinkedIn, You currently can’t record or edit your name pronunciation on the LinkedIn desktop site. It can only be done on the LinkedIn iOS/Android mobile app.
For both iOS and Android:
To record and display your name pronunciation on your profile:
- Tap your profile picture > View Profile.
- Tap the Edit icon from your introduction card.
- Tap Record name pronunciation.
- Tap the recording button and hold to record your name. Note: You can also cancel or preview the recording.
- Tap the Use button when you’re satisfied with your recording. Note: You can also Retake the recording.
- Tap Save.
…first prompt you see the record
To Delete Your Recording
To delete your name pronunciation on your profile:
- Click the Me icon at the top of your LinkedIn homepage.
- Click View profile.
- Click the Edit icon in your introduction card.
- Click the Delete icon next to your Name pronunciation
- In the confirmation pop-up window, click Delete.
Think about how you can leverage LinkedIn features to build your brand, add to your credibility and authority in the market. One of the other features I wrote about was how to leverage LinkedIn POLL & EVENTS if you haven’t tried using either yet, click and link and learn how. In the meantime, utilizing this new feature only takes a minute to set-up and can be changed easily as with most features and sections on LinkedIn, so get creative with your name introduction.
LinkedIn’s technology is being updated with new features at a faster pace than in the past, so stay tuned for what’s coming next by getting updates.