LinkedIn Helps Google Find Businesses
Getting found in a Google search is what all business owners hope for but many people are under the mistaken idea that you need to pay for ads to be found.
While that is a quick way to get more views to your website, there are some tricks to getting found without paying anything. This is where your LinkedIn profile can help you get found on-line more quickly. Read out tips to get found on LinkedIn.
Take the Google search challenge
Google search results show LinkedIn Profile. So stop reading for a moment and open a new window, open Google and type in your name. Does your LinkedIn profile come up in the number one spot when searching for your name? Nine out of ten times this will be the case unless you have many years of other data about yourself on the internet.
Here’s what you want to remember about Google, Bing, Yahoo or any other search engine. People are searching for solutions to their issues and as business people we want to be found, and number two you should be concerned about your online reputation and you want to monitor that reputation.
What does your LinkedIn profile say about you?
If your LinkedIn profile was the first item people see when they searched your name, is your professional profile something you are proud of? Does it show your credibility? Who you help and what you solve for your ideal client? If you answered no or are unsure than your profile should be updated.
Set your profile for Google
Want People to Find you in Google LinkedIn Helps: Here is a simple set to ensure your public profile is showing up in search results. To show your public profile or change which sections display:
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile.
- Click Edit next to the URL under your profile photo. It will be an address like www.linkedin.com/in/yourname.
- Click the button next to “Make my public profile visible to everyone“. Your basic information displays by default.
- Check or uncheck the boxes to select which additional sections you’d like to display. The changes take effect immediately and you’ll be able to see them reflected on the page. Click View your public profile to see the full page. You may need to reload that page to see the changes you have made.
Customize Your Profile URL
If you haven’t customize your LinkedIn profile URL, here are the instructions to set this up. It is more professional looking and if you are building your online reputation and credibility this is part of that process.
Here is how LinkedIn helps Google find businesses in on-line searches:
- Move your cursor over Profile at the top of your homepage and select Edit Profile. It will be an address like “www.linkedin.com/in/yourname”.
- Click Edit next to the URL under your profile photo.
- In the Your public profile URL box in the bottom right, click “Customize your public profile URL”.
- Type the last part of your new custom URL in the text box.
- Click Set Custom URL.